We are the Premier Mississippi License School for Mississippi Real Estate Classes in Biloxi, Hattiesburg, Oxford, and Southaven.
Get the Online Course and the Classroom Course for the Price of One Course
MS License Requirements are addressed in our MS realty classes in Biloxi and our other classroom locations.
salesperson license requirements
Every applicant for a resident license as a salesperson shall be
- age eighteen (18) years or over
- a bona fide resident of the State of Mississippi prior to filing his application
- have successfully completed a minimum of sixty (60) hours in courses
- have successfully completed the salesperson’s examination
broker license requirements
Every person who applies for a resident license as a broker:
- shall be age twenty-one (21) years or over
- have his legal domicile in the State of MS at the time he applies
- shall be subject to the jurisdiction of this state, subject to the income tax laws and other excise laws thereof, subject to the road and bridge privilege tax laws thereof
- shall not be an elector in any other state
- shall have held a license as an active salesperson for twelve (12) months immediately prior to making an application for the broker’s examination hereafter specified
- shall have successfully completed a minimum of one hundred twenty (120) hours of courses in real estate as hereafter specified
- shall have successfully completed the broker’s examination
- shall have successfully been cleared for licensure by the commission’s background investigation
Temporary licenses; post-license education
- Upon passing the broker’s or salesperson’s examination and complying with all other conditions for licensure, a temporary license shall be issued to the applicant.
- A temporary license shall be valid for a period of one (1) year following the first day of the month after its issuance.
Salesperson Post License Course
Realty License Courses
In the post-license course for salesperson licensees, a minimum of twenty-four (24) hours of the thirty-hour coursework shall be in the following subjects: agency relationships, contracts, earnest money, antitrust, fair housing, ethics, and property condition disclosure. The remaining six (6) hours shall be in subjects intended to enhance the competency of salesperson licensees in representing consumers and may include the following subjects: pricing property, environmental issues, home inspections, leases and property management, and mortgage processes
Broker Post License Course
In the post-license course for broker licensees, a minimum of twenty-four (24) hours of the thirty-hour coursework shall be in the following subjects: managing escrow accounts, intraoffice confidentiality, broker responsibilities to licensees, office policies and procedures (including agency office policies), broker agreements with licensees and assistants and MREC required forms and any other subject as the commission may, by rule, require to be included in such course. The remaining six (6) hours shall be in subjects intended to enhance the competency of brokers, including, without limitation, managing agents, recruiting, retention, budgeting, and financial planning.
Nonresident’s license; application
A nonresident may apply for a nonresident’s license in Mississippi provided the individual is
- a licensed broker in another state or
- a broker/salesperson or salesperson affiliated with a resident or nonresident MS broker or
- a nonresident who applies for a broker’s license and who will maintain an office in MS.
The nonresident broker need not maintain a place of business within Mississippi provided he is regularly actively engaged in the real estate business and maintains a place of business in the other state.
The nonresident licensee or applicant shall be subject to all the provisions of this chapter except for the residency requirement and approved equivalent pre-licensing education.
License renewal; continuing education requirements
Each individual applicant for renewal of a license issued by the MREC shall, on or before the expiration date of his license, or at a time directed by the commission, submit proof of completion of not less than sixteen (16) clock hours of approved course work to the commission, in addition to any other requirements for renewal.
The sixteen (16) clock hours’ course work requirement shall apply to each two-year license renewal, and hours in excess thereof shall not be cumulated or credited for the purposes of subsequent license renewals except as provided by MREC.
- Lefleur’s Bluff Tower, Suite 300
- 4780 I-55 North, Jackson, MS 39211
- P. O. Box 12685
- Jackson, MS 39236(601) 321-6970 – Office
(601) 321-6955 – Fax
firstname.lastname@example.org – Email
We have our real estate classes online
RETI of Biloxi, Mississippi supplies the best MS real estate education. We are the Premier Real Estate School.
Our Google Ratings are Five Stars
real estate class