Real Estate Training Institute Biloxi 2 refers to the second generation of courses to be written and executed by exclusive Real Estate Training Professionals. Instructors at the Training Institute are proud of their friendships with national affiliates and colleagues from coast to coast who share the updated real estate events and testing topic information on a bi-annual schedule.
The “Training 2” program is the expansion of all our real estate license classes and real estate agent’s training. RETI’s Training Academy’s main office is located on the Gulf Coast between Gulfport and Ocean Springs. Our instructors work together to deliver you with the best classroom and online class experience.
RETI is approved by the Mississippi Real Estate Commission to provide instruction in Broker courses.
Our pre licensing courses are specialized outlines in the subject matter based on the exam outline provided by the testing company (PSI).
The MREC Conditions are below:
§73-35-14. regulation by commission
(1) An institution or organization desiring to conduct a school or offer a course of instruction to prepare persons to be licensed under this chapter, or to offer post-licensure courses, shall apply to the commission for accreditation, and shall submit evidence that it is prepared to carry out a prescribed minimum curriculum in real estate principles and practices as set forth in this chapter and can meet other standards established by the commission. An investigation of the school and of the institution or organization with which such school is affiliated shall be made by the commission.
If, in the opinion of the commission, the requirements for an accredited school for instruction in real estate principles and practices are met, the commission shall approve the school as an accredited school upon payment of the fees set forth in this chapter and such other fees as established by the commission.
All schools so accredited shall register at required intervals on a form provided and pay the required registration fees specified in this chapter and such other fees as established by the commission.
(2) The commission shall have the authority to revoke, suspend or otherwise discipline the accreditation of any real estate school, pre-license education provider or post-license education provider if the commission determines that the school or education provider is not meeting or has not met the standards required for such accreditation. If the commission determines that any accredited school or education provider is not maintaining the standards required by the commission, notices thereof in writing specifying the defect or defects shall be given promptly to the school or provider. If such defect or defects are not remedied in the time specified by the commission, the commission shall hold a hearing to determine the disciplinary action, if any, to be taken. Such hearing will be noticed to the school or provider, who will be allowed to attend the hearing and present to the commission its reasons why it should not be disciplined.
(3) A college or university in the State of Mississippi
accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools or the comparable regional accrediting authority shall be an approved education provider for prelicense courses for both the broker’s and salesperson’s license by virtue of such accreditation. Such colleges and universities are not required to meet any other standards provided herein.
§73-35-14.1. Standards for real estate schools
(1) Minimum standards for initial and continuing accreditation as a school or prelicense education provider shall include:
(a) Payment of any fees established by the commission. If the school or provider is accredited as a prelicense school or prelicense education provider, fees shall include a biennial fee of Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500.00).
(b) The school or prelicense education provider must maintain an annual average pass rate of at least sixty-five percent (65%) on each of the broker’s license examination and the real estate salesperson’s license examination.
The term annual average pass rate shall be as defined by the commission. If a school or prelicense education provider does not meet the minimum annual average pass rate, the commission shall allow the school or prelicense education provider a minimum of a three-month time period in which to attain the minimum annual average pass rate.
(c) Schools and prelicense education providers must use a method for instructor evaluation by students attending prelicense education classes.
The commission may establish minimum standards for instructor evaluation. In the event the provider does not meet those minimum standards, the commission may revoke a provider’s authority to offer prelicense education courses. Schools and prelicense education providers must provide the results of such instructor evaluations to the commission in the manner the commission directs.
(2) The commission may establish by rule such other standards for schools, prelicense education providers and post-license education providers as the commission may deem necessary.
§73-35-14.2. Standards for instructors
(1) Minimum standards for instructors for pre-license and post-license education courses required for licensure as a real estate broker or a real estate salesperson shall include:
(a) Licensure as a Mississippi real estate broker or real estate salesperson for the immediate past five (5) years prior to application; or
(b) Current certification as a Certified Public Accountant; or
(c) Attainment of a Juris Doctor (J.D.) or Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B.) degree from a law school whose accreditation is recognized by the Mississippi Supreme Court; or
(d) Demonstration of significant expertise in a particular real estate related subject area, as determined and approved by the Commission.
(2) The commission may establish by rule such other standards for instructors of prelicense education and post-license education as the commission may deem necessary.
§73-35-14.3. Course content
(1) Minimum standards for the content for education courses required for licensure as a real estate broker or a real estate salesperson shall include content on:
(a) The provisions of this chapter and any rules and regulations promulgated hereunder;
(b) Listing property;
(c) Property valuation/appraisal;
(d) Real estate arithmetic;
(e) Characteristics of real property;
(f) Agency and nonagency relationships;
(g) Real estate sale contracts/agreements of sale;
(h) Leasing and property management;
(i) Transfer of title/ownership/deeds;
(j) Settlement procedures;
(l) Professional responsibilities and ethics;
(n) Federal laws affecting real estate.
2) A pre-license course must meet any standards that the Association of Real Estate Licensing Law Officials (ARELLO), or its successor(s), may have for prelicense courses, including, without limitation, standards for content, form, examination, facilities and instructors.
If ARELLO or its successor(s) operate a certification program for prelicense courses, a prelicense course must be certified by ARELLO or its successor(s) before the commission may approve the course.
(3) The commission may establish by rule such other standards for prelicense education course content as the commission may deem necessary.
(4) No more than eight (8) prelicense hours may be earned in a single day.
(5) Courses covering the general content of subsection (1) of this section that are acceptable for credit toward a degree at a college or university as approved by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools or the comparable regional accrediting authority shall qualify for the minimum standards for prelicense education by virtue of said accreditation.
A semester-hour credit shall be equal to fifteen (15) classroom hours and a quarter-hour credit shall be equal to ten (10) classroom hours. Courses given under this section by such accredited institutions are not required to meet ARELLO standards or certifications. The commission may establish by rule that specific areas of the general content areas listed in subsection (1) of this section are not required to be met by courses offered by the accredited institutions under this subsection.
real estate agent classes near me